Thursday 21 July 2011

My Green Monster

I love Angela Liddon.

She is inspiring. She is risk-taking. She is hilarious. She is clever. She is a vegan goddess.
I have been following Angela through her website http://ohsheglows.com/ for a long time now, and have tried and tested many of her delicious recipes time and time again!

Angela is famous for her "Green Monster" -- her version of a green smoothie -- and encourages her followers to experiment with their own combinations and create their own unique "monster" [go to http://greenmonstermovement.com/ to learn more!]

This is my Green Monster, a combination of my favourite smoothie ingredients blitzed to perfection which creates a yummy, healing, nourishing breakfast smoothie!

My Green Monster:
1 cup milk (soy, almond, rice)
2 cups spinach or kale
1 frozen banana (creamy perfection)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (although sometimes I change this for strawberries or raspberries)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon linseed meal
A handful of raw almonds
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon goji berries
A little pinch of cinnamon

Blitz in a blender, and serve!


I hope this does Angela proud!!

Experiment with your own "Green Monsters" and have a look at Angela's recipes, they are a wonderful way to introduce yourself to vegan food without sacrificing any flavour!! And while you are at it, have a look through Angela's website. Her honesty is so refreshing, and her approach to creating a balance in your lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise is so real! She is a wonderful woman, and reading her blog is one of the best things I have ever done! I go back at least 5 times a day!! Read her story, try some of her recipes and create your own green monster -- your body with thank you, and you will positively glo!

Love and light,
Lauren xxx

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet! I dont think I deserve your praise but thank you anyways!! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy them so much. :) I can't go a couple days without one myself.

    ReplyDelete