Friday 29 July 2011

Live Baby Live!

For dinner tonight I felt like something light but satisfying! I have recently been looking into Dr D'Adamo's "Eating For Your Blood Type" theory and have been very intrigued by what he has to say. While I don't believe in specifically cutting out any particular food groups, I have begun to see the similarities between the Blood Type A dietary guidelines and how I select my own food -- a focus on vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, soy products, nuts and seeds. I decided to play around with some of the suggestions of Dr D'Adamo and some of the recipes that I found in the Candle Cafe Cookbook (a wonderful resource for vegans and meat eaters alike) and created a "live stir-fry" for dinner which proved to be very, very delicious!

For noodles, slice zucchini, squash and carrots with a mandolin or very sharp knife into thin strips that resemble noodles and set aside. Next, cut up any veggies that you like into nice chunks (I used broccoli, Brussels sprouts, onion, cauliflower and kale)  and scatter over the top of the 'noodles'. Then top with fresh edamame beans, pumpkin seeds, arame (or your choice of rehydrated seaweed) and a sauce made out of miso paste and tamari -- simple, quick, healthful and -- most importantly - delicious!!

Enjoy!

Love and light,
Lauren xxx

p.s. go to http://www.dadamo.com/ to learn more about Dr D'Adamo and his philosophy and definitley visit http://www.candlecafe.com for wonderful recipes, cooking ideas and to ogle at the deliciousness that they create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment