Tuesday 21 June 2011

Warming Peanut Butter Breakfast

Is it me, or is this winter colder than most? I know that when I am feeling the cold and have to get up early for work in the morning there is only one thing to warm me up from the inside out and give me the courage to step out of my toasty house into the wintery world outside!

I am a peanut butter enthusiast!! I love it crunchy, smooth any which way -- but most of all I like it ORGANIC AND WITHOUT ANY ADDITIVES! That is my only deal breaker in my peanut butter relationship! To me, peanut butter porridge just makes sense!! Warm, filling and a great way to start your day!

Add to a saucepan:
1/2 Cup Oats -- real oats please! None of this 'instant' nonsense!
1 Cup your favourite milk -- soy, almond or rice
Over medium heat and let it simmer for 5 or so minutes, until part of the liquid has absorbed.

Spoon in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a pinch of cinnamon and stir to combine. Continue cooking until your porridge has reached your desired consistency.

Pour your mixture into a bowl and top with a sliced banana and a sprinkle of chia seeds.

Delicious, healthful and warming -- yum yum!!


Love and light,
Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment