Sunday 11 September 2011

Mmm.. Muesli and A Carrot Zinger - the breakfast of champions!

The thing I love about muesli is just how versatile it is -- I have never made it the same way twice!
I love to mix crunchy nuts and seeds with yummy raw oats! This is my current mix, my favourite combination so far!

In a big jar mix together:

2 cups raw oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pepitas
1 cup LSA
1 cup linseed meal (for extra omega-3's!)
1 cup crushed nuts -- walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pecans and cashew are great!
1 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup psyllium husk
1/4 cup lecithin  granules

There is no better way to start the day!! I generally wake up to a bowl of muesli topped with fresh fruit salad, a sprinkle of Acai berries and a big dollop of biodynamic, natural yoghurt and a fresh carrot zinger juice!

Carrot Zinger Juice:

Juice:
1 carrot
1 stick ginger
1 tsp spirulina

Fruit, veggies, whole grains, natural yoghurt and packed full of protein -- yuuuum! :)

How do you like to start your day?

Love and light,
Lauren xxx

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a Greek yogurt, honey and strawberry kick lately! If I want a little added crunch, I go for the granola or a little handful of pecans. On my second bowl, I like to add a big pile of blueberries and a - just kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete