Wednesday 28 September 2011

Your Daily Superfood

Superfoods are ... well, super. They make you feel like a supermodel and give you the strength and endurance of Superman! However, all this is superfluous (sorry, I had to) if you can't incorporate superfoods into your daily regime without being a real inconvenience then you cannot harness their awesome powers!! So here are a few ways that I sneak superfoods into my day...

* Sprinkle into your porridge, muesli, smoothie or cereal - Maca powder, Acai berries, Goji berries, Cacao, Chia seeds
* Add to your smoothie or fresh vegetable/green juice - Spirulina, Wheatgrass
* Add to your trail mix/nuts - Inca berries, Goji berries

Make sure, as with all great foods, you are getting a good variety and not concentrating on just one. I like to split my superfoods up into different categories and have one a day:
Berries: Goji, Acai, Inca
Greens and Powders: Spirulina, Wheatgrass, Maca
Seeds: Chia seed, Linseed/Flaxseed

This way I am ensuring a great spread of nutrients and also that I don't get bored by having the same foods everyday! Remember too much of anything is never a good thing!

How do you incorporate superfoods into your diet?

Love and light,
Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment