As we approach our Australian summer, we automatically get into ready mode: playful prints, colourful clothes and accessories, and natural hair and make up. The only problem is if your hair and skin isn't as ready as you are to be au naturale summer may be met with more fear than excitement!
So take this as your springtime warning! Take charge of what is going in you body and on your skin to prep your body for the upcoming summer season!
1. Increase your intake of water - flush the toxins out of your body! Aim for 2-3 litres per day
2. Increase you in take of fresh fruits and vegetables - in every way you can! Raw, steamed or lightly sauteed is best! Tip: if I am needing to up my intake I find that juicing is a great way to bump up my fruit and veggie count for the day!
3. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! - Yes the Aussie sun is tough on our skin! Slather on some SPF30+ every morning in order to protect yourself from the damaging rays! Tip: I love to use coconut scented sunscreen, which is a tropical treat for the everyday :)
4. Organic, chemical free moisturiser - your skin is your largest organ, and absorbs everything that it encounters! Just as you fill your body with organic produce, do you skin the same service and prevent chemicals blocking your pores and damaging your skins sensitive outer layers
5. Wash your face morning and night with a warm cloth to ensure that all the grit and grime from the day is not spending the night sinking into your skin and you wake up feeling fresh!
Follow these tips and you will have summer skin ready in no time!
How do you prepare for summer?
Love and light,